1350 Sparta Street McMinnville, TN 37111

Need Help? Want to report abuse?  Call the CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE now at 1-877-237-0004

How To Report Abuse


Be aware and report suspected abuse to the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-877-237-0004. Child Abuse prevention and response is an adult’s responsibility, it is both a moral decision and a legal obligation. Our children’s health and happiness depends on your awareness and assistance spreading the word that child abuse is not acceptable.


T.C.A.37.1.403: “(a) (1) Any person who has knowledge of or is called upon to render aid to any child who is suffering from or has sustained any wound, injury, disability, or physical or mental condition shall report such harm immediately if the harm is of such a nature as to reasonably indicate that it has been caused by brutality, abuse or neglect or that, on the basis of available information, reasonably appears to have been caused by brutality, abuse or neglect.” 


What will I need to provide when making a report? 
When you contact the Hotline, an Intake Specialist will ask you for information about the circumstances creating harm to the child including information about the parties involved (victim, parent(s)/guardian(s), perpetrator),  what occurred, when and where it occurred, the extent of any injuries sustained, and any other relevant information.

You will be asked to provide:

1. Child Information: name, age, date of birth, address, current location, person caring for child, and need/receiving medical treatment.

2. Parent/Guardian Information: name, address, phone number as well as any domestic violence, substance abuse, criminal history, mental health issues, or family history with Dept. Children’s Services

3. Alleged Perpetrator Information: name, address, phone number, relation to the child, behavioural issues, and other children who may be at risk

4. Physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect allegations: what happened, when, where, timeframe, and specific conditions


Even if you are unable to provide all of the information above, please contact the Hotline to make a report if you suspect any child is a victim of child abuse or neglect. 


If a child shares information with you:
• Remain calm; do not overreact
• Believe the child
• Allow the child to talk but do not press them or overwhelm with questions
• Show interest and concern
• Reassure and support the child
• Do not blame or minimize the child’s feelings
• Do not promise anything you cannot control
• Do not confront the offender
• Do take action, you could save a child’s life

 If you know or suspect child abuse, report by calling the Department of Children’s Services
1-877-237-0004, this phone line is staffed 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

Additional Contact Numbers:

Department of Children’s Services Warren and Van Buren Counties: 931-473-1524

District Attorney General’s Office Warren and Van Buren Counties: 931-473-9572

McMinnville Police Department: 931-473-3808

Spencer Police Dept 931-946-2118

Warren County Sheriff’s Department: 931-473-7863

Van Buren County Sheriff’s Department: 931-946-2118








Support CAC


Donate now to help the children. No PayPal account needed.

Please check out our wish list.


Contact Information


Children's Advocacy Center
for the 31st Judicial District

P.O. Box 7287
1350 Sparta Street
McMinnville, TN 37111
931-507-2387 fax
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Kid Central TN Services Directory is an online listing of state-operated and state-funded programs.



If you know or just suspect child abuse, please report by calling

the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-877-237-0004,

available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. 


The Children’s Advocacy Center is a private service provider and operates in strict accordance with HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and its accompanying regulations. The Children’s Advocacy Center is not employed by the Department of Children’s Services, the District Attorney General’s Office for Warren and Van Buren Counties, Juvenile Justice, Warren County, Spencer Police Department, Van Buren County Sheriff’s Departments or the McMinnville Police Department.